Zend Framework

on Tuesday, November 13, 2012
As I wrote yesterday, today I gave a lecture at JAMK about PHP application architecture and Zend Framework. Last two Tuesdays were more theory-based, but today we concentrated more on actually doing something. Therefore I don't have as many slides available in the Zend Framework set as there are in Modern Web Technologies.

The slides start by introducing some common problems which I've encountered while doing PHP application development. This was followed by some useful practices and design patterns for solving those issues. After problems and design patterns are out of the way, there are few slides about Zend Framework, what it is, why it makes sense to use it and some basic principles how Zend Framework based application works.

Rest of the time we concentrated on doing Zend Framework 1 Getting Started tutorial. Because of some security policy issues and problems with virtual environments some students didn't have a complete development environment available and we couldn't make Apache configurations for everyone. That's why going through the tutorial took a while, but finally we were able to get the demo application up and running for all students.

As with Modern Web Technologies, I decided to share the slides via SlideShare.

3 comments:

Michael said...

May I point developers interested in learning ZF2 to my recently released book "Web Development with Zend Framework 2" (https://leanpub.com/zendframework2-en)? This may be of help to get you started and is available for instant download for only a few bucks. Thanks!

Unknown said...

too good piece of information, I had come to know about your site from my friend reddy, hyderabad,i have read atleast 11 posts of yours by now, and let me tell you, your web-page gives the best and the most interesting information. This is just the kind of information that i had been looking for, i'm already your rss reader now and i would regularly watch out for the new post, once again hats off to you! Thanks a lot once again, Regards, zend framework

Unknown said...

This is the nice piece of information because I am also a Zend Framework Developer and I am working in a software company. I like your article and bookmarking for new information on it.Offshore PHP Developers

Post a Comment